Wednesday, July 25, 2012

salve tutti!

OK, so I am stealing a quick 20 minutes to email you a real letter that is not wallowing in depression. After a week of trying to love being here it all of a sudden worked. Varese really is beautiful. These lakes and mountains are not what I imagine when I think of Italy but it keeps the weather cool and reminds me of my green home. Yesterday we also had a really great zone conference that was exactly what I needed and I'm ready to work. I know tons is waiting to happen in Varese and that there's a reason I'm here. I know what my weaknesses are and what I need to change and I'm ready to do everything I can to change the work here so that when it's time for me to leave I'll be leaving the same amount of work I left for the sorelle in Bergamo.



We're teaching a beautiful family. Dad is Italian, mom is from Santo Domingo and her son who's 11 just got here two weeks ago, so doesn't really speak Italian yet. Last night we taught the plan of salvation and talked about how families can be together forever and there was a beautiful spirit. He understands everything we teach so well and she's starting to as well. They both are happy to have us there whenever we come and this week we're planning on bringing some members and I feel like that will help them a ton, see the gospel being lived by real people. He's read the begining of the Book of Mormon and told us he would try and start praying more, that it probs would be a good idea. I told him it would.

Other beautiful peeps we started teaching this week. A half moroccan half egyptian muslim we stopped on the street and a Congo refugee who speaks decent italian and has been here for 5 months. Both of them came to their second appointments having written down all the things they understood about what they read and all their questions. It was so rad. I invited our muslim to get baptized when he knew it was all true and he was like you know, maybe I'll get there, we'll see, pian piano. But he prayed and it was beautiful. 

Right now we're focusing a ton on finding new people because really they have one awesome investigator who should get baptized soon and another young kid from El Salvador, but we need people to teach. It's funny because I feel so comfortable teaching whoever wherever whenever and Sorella McNamara feels so awkward teaching, but she's great at just walking up to people and telling them God is their father of the family brings us more happiness than anything else, which is something I have to fight with myself a bit more to do. I know all my fears are unrational because who cares what any of these peeps that I'll never see again think about this funny american talking about God, but I still find it to be a bit tricky. But I'm getting better! And that's what it's all about.  

At the end of Zone Conference we watched Eryings talk from conference called mountains to climb and at the end Sorella Wolfgramm talked about the part where he talks about his mother's battle with cancer, and if a woman that good needed that much polishing what was in store for him. And Sorella Wolfgramm said isn't it beautiful that the Lord thinks you are worth polishing. And I like that. Obviously I've heard a thousand times that trials are what later bring the blessings, but it felt more real yesterday. There is a reason for all of this. All the mountains I'm climbing in Varese are tailor-made for me, which is beautiful thought. I'm ready to climb, espesh since it's likely I'll be training here next transfer. I'm ready to get my feet planted firmly and do some growing so that the work only gets better every transfer.

Last night we came home and did 10 minutes of yoga on the roof before planning. We live on the 10th floor and there's a sneaky door out to the roof. The sky here is beautiful, usually with fatty clouds sitting over Como. It felt good to stand still and be, let me feet stand firm and get ready for everything that awaits me here. I'm ready to really love my comp, this city, the members and all the people we meet everyday and that's the only way to cast out my fears. Love!

Hope you are having a happy Saturday, maybs a bit of farmer's market?

Love you all!

sorella bush

No comments:

Post a Comment