Thursday, December 8, 2011

Un'altra lettera settimanale

Cara Famiglia,

Guys, you are the FUNNIEST!

Srsly, sono grata che ho una famigilia buffissima. Espesh you dad. You sir, are serving above and beyond the call of duty. Keep it up!

I'm so glad that I've lived away from home for kind of a while and that I left my Provo life before the mish so that now when I hear from people of even just sing songs to myself it never makes me long for my life before the mish. I think that some people really struggle with that, but I feel like 18 months is not all that much time so it's nbd. Even getting Lauren's wedding invite didn't make me too sad, I was just so happy that someone I love so much has been living worthily and now gets to get married in the temple. It did break my heart a baby bit when I saw the sealing invite adressed to me inside, because how cool would it be to be there. But I am doing a good thing.

Life in the MTC is dandy, and is kind of flying by. Credo che every settimana passes piu' veloce. Monday is the day we teach in the TRC and it was a pretty great experience again. I decided it's a good way to try and gauge how much I'm actually improving week to week. Sometimes I still talk a bit too much because I have a bigger foundation than Sorella Bunker, but our first lesson went really well and was pretty equal between the two of us and the woman we were talking with.

Sorry I forgot to tell you about Parker last week. I remembered a half-hour later. It was so wild. I was hanging back from the District because I was scrambling to find a scrap of paper and a pen to leave a note on Matt's car when Parker just drove by. "What the h are you doing in Utah?!" He got out and gave me a firm handshake. (Have you gotten the pics I sent you yet? There's one of the two of us. I feel like mail here leaves very slowly.)

This week has been great planning and Italian-wise, but is the Week of Instability, or so I'm calling it. Monday we lost two roommates, Tuesday was our last day with out normal first teacher and this morning our other two roommates left for Los Angeles and Texas. We haven't met our newcompaniere yet but I'm crossing my fingers that the fake fur bag we saw in our room is the scariest part of the new Sisters.

I'm pretty bummed about Fratello Pfeiffer though, he's a really fabulous teacher. He explains concepts really clearly and always testifies of our abilities because of our callings, or the importance of our message, or whatever else applies. Our teacher replacing him is Sorella Miller and she's brand new, but was in the MTC with Rachel Noteware. So, Rachel, maybe scrape up some dirt on her for me, or better yet, send me the letter you promised that last Sunday I was home.

Gospely things I've been thinking about:

When we're told to love each other like brothers and sisters, because we are all children of God, that means I should be loving people just as much as I love Ian, which is a shiz ton of love. I don't know why that struck me the other day, especially since I've been trying to be more patience with some of the anzianini.

Also, quando leggo il Libro di Mormon o qualche scritture with my investigator in mind and di che cosa hanno bisogno, it's a whole new experience and I get so much more out of what I read. Also prayer is so so real and there is so much power in the fact that there are people praying for me. I just got back from the temple (which is somehow getting better and better all the time, I love going there on P-day and having zero worries), and a lady came up to me while I was waiting to use the bathroom and said "You're a missionary, I wish you well, I don't know your name but you are prayed for every night."

I really do believe there is nothing better I could be doing with my time. And I've been thinking about how every decision I make counts for something towards who I will become. I'm excited for Staccato Mamba, I feel like some one had a bit too much eggnog before that was decided, but it sounds great. I haven't been too sad about missing Natale. Obvs I love being home for le feste, ma sto dove devo stare. I feel probs the most sad for Ian, becuase I'm destracted by this parallel universe I live in and you guys are just doing the same thing minus me. But be of good cheer!

I'm pumped to do the scientist puzzle when I get home. C'e una donna? or only dude scientists? Is this a woman hating puzzle? [Amanuensis: no, it is not. Ci sono delle donne]. Also, please continue to keep me updated on the status of Wisconsin's protected species. Loved that. Can we paddle over that Orion Mussel Bed State Natural Area? Would we have to sneak in with our canoes?

Oh, funny story (maybe more than one):

I was sitting by this Elder in the computer lab who's going to Russia, doing this stupid program which I kind of hate and doesn't actually help my brain learn. He was super chatty and then asked Sorella Bunker and I if we had any baby boys back home. He had been mostly talking to me so she was thinking...wait, what did he ask? And I was like he wants to know if we had any children before we came on our missions, and he was like NO! you know what I mean... and in my head I said, "Why would you ask me that and why would I answer? Oh yeah. Because you were born in 1992! [Amanuensis: I think he meant baby brothers.]

Also our Anziani can be pretty funny. Sorella Bunker and I spend a lot of time laughing in class. One day Anziano Briscoe was telling us how he doesn't have a great sense of smell and said "I don't smell well" and we're cracking up of course because we are children and he finally caught on and said "You word twisting hussies!"

And one day Anziano Hess's shoe was untied and Anziano Eveson said, "Why don't you have shoes like these?" because he was wearing slip-on loafers. Anziano Hess, kind of sheepishly said "Because they're tacky." Too funny.

I'm continuing to undermine the foundation of the MTC my sneaking foot from the lactose/gluten free section in the cafeteria and by wearing yellow tights. Mom, everyone is jealous of my life whenever I wear something you've knit and they can hardly believe you are a real person. Spero che per il Giorno di Ringraziamento, you had a turkey with an adequate wingspan. And si, ho vistothe devotional di Natale. Mi piace Natale. I bore my testimony in sacrament meeting on Sunday in full-out italian, it kind of felt incredible. I also have a new goal of becoming besties with the head of security, he seems too cool.

And finally my new fav Italian phrase: Smettila di piangere e raccontami cosa e' successo!

Tanto, no, troppo amore!

Sorella Bush/Cespuglio, bella e furiosa.

xoxoxo

P.S. Ian, one cool thing to think about, in the New Testament it was the apostoli who were called to be missionaries, and then eventually the seventy were added, and now they need are help too, which means we are companions with the twelve apostles in the work. My time just ran out stop hope makes sense stop love for eternita' stop

Notes:
  1. Sono grata che ho una famigilia buffissima - I am grateful I have a very funny family.
  2. Credo che every settimana passes piu' veloce. - I believe every week passes faster.
  3. Also, quando leggo il Libro di Mormon o qualche scritture with my investigator in mind anddi che cosa hanno bisogno - Also, when I read the Book of Mormon or some scripture with my investigator in mind and what they need
  4. Staccato Mamba - the name of our Christmas Tree.
  5. C'e' una donna? Ci sono delle donne - Is there a woman? There are some women.
  6. Spero che per il Giorno di Ringraziamento - I hope that for Thanksgiving Day you had a turkey...
  7. And si, ho visto - And yes, I saw
  8. Natale. Mi piace Natale. - Christmas. I like Christmas (Christmas pleases me).
  9. Smettila di piangere e raccontami cosa e' successo. - Stop crying and tell me what happened!
  10. Tanto, no, troppo amore! - Lots of, no, too much love!
  11. Bella e furiosa - beautiful and enraged

No comments:

Post a Comment