Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Hey bimbi!

Okay, so I may or may not be writing you from Venezia.  Yup, Sorella Gomez and I feel like we're literally walking around in a dream, it is so freaky beautiful!

Ponte Pietra, across the Adige River.
It was beautiful to see you parentals on Sunday. You look good.

Quick thoughts about when we come to Italy. If we want to we could maybe when we finish up tuesday in siena then head that night to Forlì and sleep at the Jeffries, see peeps there then see Ravenna or something and then go straight up to Bergamo so the Capelli's don't have to push back their trip to the mare too far, then see Sorella Beutler and maybe Verona before heading up to Varese so we're their for church... just thoughts, anyway.

Real mission life. I am the happiest. I feel like I've found some reserve of energy and am not totally on the edge of death. I had an absolutely beautiful scambio last week in Pordenone with Sorella Lofley. It was by far the best scambio I've had because I felt like I had a specific purpose and knew what I should be doing.

Sorella Lofley. Reds unite!

We still feel kind of like crazy people trying to schedule our lives, we have pretty much no time to really do our job here in Verona this week, but I'm happy, plus everything is the easiest with Sorella Gomez...teaching, talking to peeps on the train, oh mamma, too bad I'm only really her companion half the time. Haha.


We met a super cool kid on the train coming back from Genova yesterday and I met a crazy dude I think from near Napoli who know lives in Brasil, who kissed my hand when he got off the train, ha. I love everything about riding trains.

We've also had some really beautiful lessons, by some I mean three, but we've got to start somewhere! I told you guys on Skype about the incredibly spiritually charged lesson we had with our family Friday night. Act II is that Sunday night SHE texted us saying how sorry she was they couldn't make it to church and then asked us what verses from the Book of Mormon to read and I about died of joy. She texted us Monday night too, whilst I was enjoying a pesto and grana pizza in Genova to tell us that we're all eating dinner together again Friday night before the lesson.

Piazza San Marco


Last night we had a beautiful lesson with a family that had a daughter who is fifteen and not baptized. It started of kind of normal, our plan was to just teach and get to know the family via the plan of salvation and then her dad starting asking really interesting questions that we realized quickly weren't really his questions but rather his daughters, asking about why we had to forget everything from the pre-mortal life and how to find a desire to know if what the church teaches is true. He told us at the end that she's at the point in her life where she's gotten answers she just didn't really recognize them and we could be the one's that make the difference for her right now, speriamo! She's beautiful.

Traghetto tradizionale, a dying breed.
Ian you sound great, fly fishing! Too cool. I feel like I'm living in the weird fake life, because I am not a real missionary but I am and my brain is just confused. It's like I have some kind of spiritual jetlag, I can't seem to figure out exactly where I am, but life is beautiful.

Sending a few pics of Verona and then Venezia, enjoy!

xoxoxoxoxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxoooooooooo

Sorella Bush!

No comments:

Post a Comment