Wednesday, May 8, 2013

be here now

Oh mamma, where do I begin? Life is the craziest!

Okay, first off, SUNDAY I will see your beautiful faces! Will Sarah be around? Our plan is to be on the computer at about 3:00 our time, I think that's 8:00 for you guys?  Bo, just open up when your svegli and I'll be calling. This is going to be weird because then I'll be seeing you in pretty much a month, dang. It's been a crazy week.

Second off, Verona is beautiful! So beautiful. Too bad we're not here all that often. We figured out for our grocery shopping this week we needed to buy lunck for two days, yeah, we're never here.

I was kind of stressing out, a ton the first few days, partly because we were just inside planning so much and I missed being outside doing real life missionary work. But after we had church, had time to go out and talk to people and then after we went to the Mission Council on Monday I felt so much more peace. My priority has to be the sorelle right now and then whenever I'm here I'll just do whatever I can for Verona.

President Wolfgramm promised us during our meeting with him last Thursday that the Lord would give us compensating blessings as we fulfil this funky new calling and it's true. There was a family in church on Sunday that came to see their friends' baby be blessed and we chatted it up with them. She's from Verona, he's from Albania (so I dropped the two Albanian phrases I know) and they have two beautiful children, 5 and 9. We're going to go teach them on Friday and we are praying our guts out for them.

Other than that it's been cool to see how everyone we talk to for the most part is listening to us. They may not want to meet with us, at the end but they're all willing to take a pass-along card or a pamphlet or something. We've also been finding referrals for everyone else, so one of these days we'll have new investigators too. Nel frattempo we're visiting tons of members, building relationships with them because that's really the only effective way to do missionary work. I feel kind of like I'm in Bergamo again. All these beautiful members.

We're living with the other sorelle here in Verona and it's too fun. Sorella Hoppe is from Germany, Dad, and I told her you love it. Last night she drained her pasta against the side of the sink and looked at me and was like "Kind of gross, I know," and I said, "Sorel, I am so not afraid of germs", and she said "I can see why your dad likes Germany."  Ha. Her companion Sorella Clawson is in her second transfer and is a darling. Our apartment is beautiful but about 30 minutes on bike from our area, so basically life is crazy.

In other news I keep thinking I can't get more tired, but that is a dirty lie.

I love you all, I'm excited to see you Sunday. Mom can you tell me how my bank account is these days?

vi voglio beeeeeeneeeee

No comments:

Post a Comment