Wednesday, April 10, 2013

time keeps on slippin' slippin' slippin'

Steve Miller Band keeps running into my brain these days because time is the craziest.

I hate that I know that on Sunday I have two months until I'm home. Oh mammmmma. But I'm finding sollace in the fact that I will be heading right back here to hug all the freaky people I've had to just shake hands with. I've also fallen into apostasy and hardly use the Lei form with anyone anymore, haha.

Life is good. I feel like I have the ground finally under my feet. I know what God wants me to do here in Forlì, I got a beautiful blessing last week from Anziano Jeffries because I was just dragging and it was exactly what I needed. God loves me, did you know? haha. But I've really been feeling that.

Then conference blew my mind! Plus we had Laura and Alberto with us at one of the sessions, we watched in Rimini and I love watching conference with investigators and watching them get their answers. I can't tell you how much I love this family. They can't get baptized for a while, like over a year, waiting for divorces to go through so they can get married, but I am obsessed with them. When I sit in their home I feel like I am exactly where I need to be and there is such a spirit of love in their home. I think about them all the time. I'll tell you their whole story when I'm home but really, they're incredible. Credetemi.

Anyways, besides having them at conference with us, it was exactly what I needed and Whitney Clayton came out of nowhere and totally blew me away. Maybe my favorite talk. "Marriage is a gift from God and the quality of your marriage is a gift to God." Shoot. Loved it. There's just nothing better than living apostles and prophets.

It's been a really interesting experience figuring out what the heck to do with this city. I feel like I knew from the beginning but didn't trust myself and just got to work knocking on doors and doing what have you, and every time we went out to do finding I literally felt empty. It was weird. I could tell I wasn't in the right place but I didn't know what I needed to be doing.

Conference just flooded me with peace and I'm realized that I just need to teach and love these members for now. You have to plow the field before you can plant before you can harvest, and these people need love and joy, and that's why I'm here right now, so I better get to work.

Ian can't believe you saw Travis and Korey and didn't say anything! hahaha. Love your guts. Still waiting on someone to give me Ian's address...

Well, I'm sure I had 6,000 other thoughts to tell you but ormai sono vecchia e la testa è troppo piena. Life is good, even better for us because we have the restored gospel of Jesus Christ. Appunto!

Vi voglio beeeeennnnnnne. Statemi bene!

sorella cespuglio

No comments:

Post a Comment