Wednesday, March 13, 2013

true or false: i'm leaving the dream

Guys, where do I even begin!!!!! Gah!

Siena is literally the talk of the mission because we are a living miracle. Remember when I got to Siena and we just knocked on doors all day everyday and now we don't have time to do everything we need to?

Le Sorelle Bush e Willis, Firenze
We'll start as always with the Gori's. Chiara has decided she wants to wait another week or two, she just doesn't feel quite ready. BUT THEN out of the woodwork, Sandro is getting baptized Friday night with Cinzia. He stopped smoking, didn't say anything to anyone and then went and said to Cinzia that he all of a sudden felt like he wanted to get baptized with her.

So P-day doesn't exist today really. We went and caught him up yesterday afternoon since he had missed a few commandments, and he is so ready. His answer to every question I asked was beautiful. We're heading out to see them again in a half hour with the Capece's and then Sandro will have his baptismal interview. As sad as I am that I probably wont be here fro Chiara's baptism, I don't think it could get better to have Sandro and Cinzia do this together. They are incredible (and they can't wait to meet you guys...)

Una passeggiata a Volterra
Thursday will be nutzo taking trains all over high heaven to go to Milano, and then Friday we get to figure out how to fill our little pop-up baptismal font, and then even more exciting, empty it! Oh mamma...

And have I told you about Rosanna? She's Bianka's best friend and doesn't actually live in our mission boundaries. She lives in Potenza I think? But she's still a student here in Siena so comes up for exams and stuff. She and Bianka used to be roommates here. Well we taught her once when she was here and she's awesome. She's three months older than me and beautiful and so elect. But lives way far away from the church down south and doesn't want to go by herself the first time so she's waiting for the next time Bianka comes down to visit, and in the mean time, we're teaching her on Skype. We did the plan of salvation with her Friday and Monday the gospel, and she's just the greatest and really thinking about baptism because she's seen the change in Bianka. Plus before the skype lesson monday night, we were at Bianka and Lorena's house and Rosanna was getting home late from work and we had some time so we all sat on the floor and read Jacob 4 together and talked about it and I could have just stayed there content, forever. I think I became friends with Lorena's husband too (praying my guts out for him to be ready for the gospel because they will be the most beautiful eternal family) but I won him over when I stuffed half a tomato in my mouth because we had to run to catch our ride home, ha.

Brain freeze, Piazza del Campo.
We have a new woman from Colombia named Diana, a referral from Enrique, a member we've started teaching more and she's super excited to learn the gospel.

Basically life is great and I'm enjoying my last week of it because I'm pretty much bound to be leaving next week. It'll be awful because Siena is home, I see the tower and the duomo in the skyline and I know I'm home, but at the same time I can kind of feel like I've done my job here.

Oh and I'm totally becoming even better friends with Luigi, my old man cheese dude, and Mario, my old man book-making dude. We saw both of them last night and Luigi loves us because I'm like "Tell me about this, tell me about this...I trust you and will totally try whatever." Last night we bought burrata and some pane pugliese. yummmmmmm...

 Okay, we're out to see the Gori's!!

xoxoxoxoxoxo

p.s. pics are from pday in Firenze last week (yes, I use a child's umbrella, it's totally is the best option) and a chocolate festival at the campo. Oh, and these great fresh pistacchio ravioli's we bought.

p.p.s. I learned that all people who work with chocolate are the happiest.

p.p.p.s. love you. be good.


No comments:

Post a Comment