Wednesday, March 20, 2013

cor magis tibi sena pandit*

Oh mamma, guys... so much has happened since I last emailed, I don't even know where to begin!

  • Baptism? 
  • Transfers?
  • Sorelle Conference?
  • My crazy anything but normal life in Siena?
Hmmm maybs I'll tell you about...

Transfers.

I feel strangely calm about everything. As much as I LOVE LOVE LOVE Siena I really feel like I need to leave. If President Wolfgramm had told me I was staying another transfer I would have told him he was wrong. Even teaching the Gori's for the last time yesterday I just felt like I had done my part, it's someone else's turn.

I am the saddest to miss Chiara's baptism friday. I could have pushed for it to be Wednesday but I felt like I shouldn't. Sorella Willis is training and it will be really good for her baby to see a baptism right off the bat.

As for me, well the nest 12 weeks are going to be an adventure. I'm being shipped off to Forlì.



There have been Anziani there forever so I'm headed in to take over, get this, while training a new Sorella. Oh mamma. Looks like the Lord has more fiducia in me than I do. The assistants and President Wolfgramm basically told me I need to go down and liven things up. It's a branch that hasn't grown, kind of like Siena, and that's kind of dangerous for everyone. So here I go!! haha we get bikes, so I'm the happiest, and I'll finally be able to see the sea. Funny things too is Anziano Lambert is there right now, finishing his first transfer. Small little world.

The baptism. 

It was beautiful. I don't even know what to tell you. Hopefully the pictures will help. But it was quite the adventure, filling and emptying that little font. We didn't get home until about 11 and we were both too wired to sleep even though we were so tired.



The most beautiful moment that I will never forget was when Cinzia came out of the font (we need to put one chair in and one chair out for climbing purposes) and as Sandro got it I put a bathrobe around Cinzia and put my arm around her and she just put her wet little face in my shoulder and started to cry. They are beautiful, and can't wait to meet you guys. They gave me a darling note when I left and then Chiara gave me a letter that totally made me cry on the train. Apparently all you have to do is tell me I've changed your life and the waterworks start.

Chiara, Sandro, Cinzia, Sor.s Bush and Willis

The Sorelle Conference.

The Sorelle Conference was beautiful. It felt good to be there all together and obviously good to see all my peeps. As of Friday I, along with Sorelle Bunker and Forbes will be the oldest sorelle. How the freak did that happen?? I mean really. I feel like I'm still running around like a crazy person making it up as I go.



I think I'm still waiting for it to sink in that I wont me going to church here any more, I wont be wandering into the campo anymore. I feel like I finally really know this city and I'm leaving it.

I'm sending you guys a little box. It was my winter coat in it, I decided I wanted to keep it for memory purposes but didn't want to lug it around, and there are some ties for E-man and a little something for both Mom and Dad.

Pics this week include out jaunt around Montepulciano last week, the Sorelle Conf. and the baptism and probs that's it.

Beutler and Bush, S.C.

Mom, totally down for going to the temple the 15th and as far as order of cities. I was thinking we should do Varese last, so maybe start south. It's rather convenient that my two sets of two cities are decently close. We could do Siena, Forlì, Bergamo, Varese? Or something like that.



Bo.

Love you all,

sorella boosh

*Siena opens to your heart wider than this gate.  Or something like that.

1 comment:

  1. The title of this post is the phrase written on the Porta Camollia in Siena.

    ReplyDelete