Wednesday, October 24, 2012

sick week OVER!

Thank heavens.

We had a stellar zone conference last Thursday at which Sorella Wolfgramm commanded me to stay in all day Friday. So I slept for an eternity and we're back at it. None of our investigators are really progressing so we've been doing tons of finding and it's been super fun. We've talked to some super cool peeps. One lady was waiting for the bus and started off super closed saying that the world was brutto and we should leave her alone, so I told her how the hand of God is everywhere if we look, and she started listening and we're going to her house Thursday afternoon. I love watching the Spirit work on the peeps that he's preparing and to see the change that can happen in a short conversation.

Then there was a lady working in a bakey I really wanted to talk to, so I bought some bread and then asked her if she had seen missionaries like us before and then we started talking about the gospel for a good 20 minutes. Left a pamphlet on the restoration that she said she'd read and we'll be stopping by soon. You can tell which people are more ready a lot of times by the kind of questions they ask and how well they listen to the answers and she was asking such good questions and really trying to understand.

So our days are filled with lots of strada, talking to peeps everywhere and I'm hopefully that there are people that really are ready for us and that's why it's been so hard to see the investigators we have that are mostly stuck.

Dad, there's an Anziano in my district from Palermo, did you know any Boscias? He thinks his parents were baptized maybe 30ish years ago. Also, Gabriele's mom asked me the other day if you had any peeps you baptized that are still active. I told her I had no idea. Do you?

Amanuensis: Yes, I do remember the Boscia family from Monreale.  As far as the second question, I have no idea.

Things sound nice and normal at home. Someone needs to kiss Sarah on the forehead for me. I got part two of her postcards yesterday and part one today, which I haven't read yet but looks promising. I'm working on a Sorella Bush podcast for her, special addition.

Life is good. We had to hop a super tall fence the other day when we got stuck outside a building and inside a fence, at dusk, in skirts. It was pretty great. I'm just cultivating sooo many talents these days.

President talked all about real intent and desire at conference and it was awesome. I feel like one of the most crucial things I could learn now is how to do everything with real intent. I feel like my life would just be full and purposeful and beautiful for evs. Also after teaching Luca last night I've been mulling over this idea of our weaknesses coming from God or the Adversary (I say God) and my district leader suggested from the fall, but then I said we probs had the same weaknesses before this life and then went on a spiel about how I'm so pro the fall and how Eve totally knew what she was doing choosing knowledge and family and life) weaknesses that we inherited from the first estate, and all things preexistence. Like how we must have known people that chose to follow Satan and then we fought against them in a war, and now they've never gone through the veil, and they still remember that eternity we lived before. Man, the preexistence, I have SO many questions...so interesting.

Also I've been reading Doctrine and Covenants and I want your thoughts. I don't super love reading it cover to cover, I feel like Christ is portrayed more severe than I imagine, and I got confused about how it says we can't be forgiven for murder, but then there are peeps like Alma the Younger that murdered before the angel came and had his talk with him. But since in church history they had also introduced things like the law of consecration were the just trying to live a higher law in general, that then we realized we're too imperfect for? OH and I finished the BOM in Italian for the first time. Started right back at it again, and now I'm reading Jesus the Christ in Italian.

Dad, is it okay if we only speak in Italian when I get home? I'm going to miss it like a motherless child. Love you allllll....off to eat pizza (still haven't had a decent pizza in Varese so I'm hopeful) in Laveno with Gabriele and Luca, then hit up Santa Caterina del Sasso.

XOOXXXOOOooxoxoxoxo

sorella cespuglio

No comments:

Post a Comment