Saturday, October 27, 2012

so life is great

Hey guys, So life is great.

This weekend was absolutely incredible. Luca's baptism was beautiful. Kind of rainy chilly but the rain stopped for the 30 minutes, and there were beautiful low clouds hanging around the green hills on the other side of the lake. He bore an incredible testimony after and then we all went back to his house where he made lunch for everyone and there was a fire in the fireplace and I felt like I was just at home with my second family.

Sunday...Oh mamma! His confirmation was incredible. The spirit was just thick in the room and stayed for the rest of testimony meeting. All last week I would look over at Sorella Beutler and say, "Remember how Luca is getting baptized Saturday?  SATURDAY?!

And now I keep looking at Sorella Beutler and saying, "Remember how Luca is a member of the church?!" I remember when I was in Bergamo thinking Ana and Samuel were so ready to be baptized, and they were, but Luca is just a whole new level of prepared. I literally can't wait to see where life is going to take him because it's clear God has beautiful plans awaiting.

Then Sunday I got sick. I've been feeling like I've been running on empty for awhile and thought about calling Sorella Wolfgramm to get permission to just take a day and sleep it off. Looks like I waited too long. We've been doing kind of half days of work this week because even though Sorella Wolfgramm told me to keep warm and sleep as much as possible I get bored staying home all day. So I sleep, we go work, I come home sleep, we go work and come home and sleep. I'm feeling better but just really drained still and my temperature's been kind of low. More broth and tea this afternoon.

Last night after my afternoon nap we went and saw this beautiful new convert Claudia. She was baptized in Genova and lives here now because she got married this summer. We had a beautiful night with her talking about how she came to Italy (she's 25 and from Capo Verde and beautiful) how she joined the church and then talked about the 5 steps of the gospel. She lives in Porto Ceresio and is kind of alone a lot because of when her husband works. So we made dinner with her after the lesson and while everything was cooking she showed us her wedding video. It was just a beautiful night where I really felt like I was right where I should be doing my job. We're planning on going back for a P-day and making lunch Capo Verde style and walking down by the lake and hanging out. She was like vi invito ogni giorno!

Tomorrow we're off to Milano for zone conference and I'm hoping that Friday and Saturday I won't be a zombie so we can go out and do some good finding. I love Varese, you guys should pray with me that I get to stay here a 4th transfer and be here for Thanksgiving and Christmas  And I really feel like I'm part of the branch. And the Branch Prez loves us, which I guess wasn't always the case. Now he calls us the 3rd and 4th counselors in the bishopric. Ha!

I love you alllllll. How do you feel about moving to Italy so I can just have all the people I love in one place? And mozzarella di bufala?

Vi voglio beeeeeeene!

xoxo

sorella cespuglio

No comments:

Post a Comment