Monday, August 13, 2012

lugano

I really don't have tons new to report on.

This morning we went to Lugano. Hello Switzerland! I now have a few useless franks jingling in my pocket.



We just have baby miracles everyday. I'm working on my issues that I have with talking to strangers. We need new investigators so I'm trying to start talking to everyone again. I'm pretty sure it's going to be hard for me for the next year, but so it goes.

One cool story, we were tracking down some less active members and walking by some nice houses, and we heard something rustling. Turns out it was a turtle hanging out in this yard. Sorella McNamara said we need to tell these peeps their turtle has escaped!  I said I bet they have the situation under control, and then thought about how we really should take any oportunity to talk to peeps. We circled the house looking for the door bell.

Finally found it and this lady comes out, informs us it's her pet and he hangs out all day in the yard.

We tell her we're missionaries and that God loves her.  Find out her grandparents were members of the church and she has a Book of Mormon she found in their bookshelf. Set up a return appointment. Went and taught her the restoration. It was actually pretty sad because she went to a super tradtional catholic funeral the day before and almost didn't let us in because she said she already had her religion and she was comfortable with that. I get us in so we can at least give her some basic info. She opened up a lot about trials in her life and it broke my heart how confused she was. Thinking God is a God who likes to be hidden and not respond to us when we have need because we might not be worthy of his love and how we have to go through other people to repent and it was just way sad. There was a nice spirit at the end as we tesitified of the true nature of God and she said that sometime we could come back.

Basically everyone peaces out for the month of August. We keep getting numbers from people who tell us to call in September. In the mean time we're on the hunt everyday for the peeps God is preparing for us.

Oh.  We went to a chocolate factory in Svizzera.



Well, I love you. Getting ready for Milano 3 to blitz us tonight, get to see Sorella Forbes again, hip hip!

xoxoxoxo

sorella cespuglio

No comments:

Post a Comment