Sunday, June 17, 2012

posta in arrivo

Hi, The internet was wigging out when I was finishing up last week and I don't know why it unattatched all my pics...ho hum...another week.

Okkkk, another week come and gone. I can't believe I will be 24 next Wednesday! I was laying in bed the other night, thinking about how I turned 23 in Hawaii, 22 in San Francisco, 21 in London, 20 at home and I'll turn 25 at home again. Gah.  Il tempo vola.

Last week was pretty crazy, we worked so hard and were biking all over the world. And now I'm exhausted. Also blaming it on the 12ish mile run we did two P-days ago and the fact that we never get to catch up on sleep and whatnot. So I felt like zombie missionary yesterday. I've really never felt so weak. It's annoying to have so many good intentions and just not be able to open your eyes! So yeah, working on overcoming my natural man.  Ha.

We had a beautiful lesson with Marisol last week where we brought Samuel our new convert. It was so perfect. Marisol is really struggling with her 18 year-old son who thinks he knows everything, doesn't what to believe in God, does whatever he wants and is kind of wretched to his mother. Kind of like Samuel was for the last x number of years before he decided to change his life. He bore a super beautiful testimony about the example and faith of his mother and he talked a lot about the Joseph Smith story, and things are really started to click for her.

Well, the next day was Marisol's birthday so we met her in Centro and I bough us all some gelato. At the end she was saying how she was worried it was going to be a brutto birthday with how much she had to work and her family issues, but she said that instead because she got to see us it was in fact a lovely day.

The other computer Sorella Simkins is trying to use isn't working so I'm going to keep this short.

The wards split on Sunday and we'll officially be in our little branch. When they announced it in ward council, the Relief Society prez said "And we're not in accordance. What can we do?"  Ha. Everyone loves sorelle.

We're off to the Botta house today to learn the secrets of her pizza making and hike around the mountains. I'll add pics next week.

Love you lots!!!

xoxo

sorella bush


Note from the Amanuensis:  "We're not in accordance" is a verbatim translation from the Italian Non siamo d'accordo.  It means "We disagree."  In other words, the Relief Society prez was registering her disappointment of the sisters moving out of their unit.  Expect more of these.

No comments:

Post a Comment