Wednesday, May 23, 2012

un battesimo

Hello my dears,

So don't even worry your pretty little heads and Samuel. His baptism happened last Thursday and was BEAUTIFUL. Neither him nor his mom have ever been so happy. We told Elcia, his mom, that the baptism was at 6:00 and we all pretended like we were just going to the church to dance and that's why she needed to ask for work off. So she knew but she still couldn't really believe it just because of how off track he was for so long. But I walked outside to ask the Anziani something and she was walking into the parking lot. We were still joking about dancing and we walked into the church together and Samuel was waiting there in white and her face...I can't even describe it.


It's just been incredible to watch him change his life. It's all about reading the Book of Mormon and praying. He had so many beautiful answers to prayers and studies, like incredible. But just as equal were his temptaions, and he resisted them all. He called us last Wednesday and I talked to him for maybe and 30, 40 minutes because he was so anxious and he could feel Satan trying to fight against him. I read him some scriptures, promised some blessings, and he was on his way. He is a new person, everything about him is different. He even seems taller, ha. So yeah, Samuel is a rock star.

I guess there was an earthquake this week. Don't worry, I slept through the whole thing, as usual.



We had interviews with President Monday, which was really great. That combined with a dream I had Sunday made me realize I need to step it up. He was just telling me all these reasons why he's glad I'm here as one of his missionaries, and I had this glimple of the missionary I can become if I don't let myself get comfortable. I think I've been a little comfortable and I hate that idea. So last night after our appointment canceled, we went out and did some street contacting, and even though I hate it, I awkwardly started talking to peeps. I even power-walked to catch up with these two ladies maybe 40 meters ahead of us and walked up next to them and asked them how they were, and now we're teaching them Sunday. I don't know why I get so weird about finding because when we're done I feel great, like I've accomplished something and am doing what I should be. So I'm turning over a new leaf. Which will be reinforced with my scambio in Verona tomorrow when I'm with this awesome crazy Italian native who just talks to everyone and has no fear. NO fear! I want that to be me. I've been out for 6 months! I have no time to waste.

The bad news is my pidocchi have struck back and it is THE WORST. Sorella Simkins picked lice and eggs out of my hair for an hour saturday morning and I was sooo depressed after, like wanted to crawl into a hole. But instead we went and had lunch with Samuel and Elcia.



Since Bergamo is surrounded by beautiful hilly mountains, all green and heavenly, I've been thinking so much about England this week. I'm heading to the English Imports store next to see if they have Cadbury chocolate. The Italians do all food so well, I just haven't found chocolate that I love, it's all the same imports stuff we have in the states like ritter and lindt only it costs more.

I feel like Sorella Simkins and I have finally really gotten used to teaching together. I've gotten used to interuppting her so we teach more evenly, and it is so nice. Transfer calls are this Tuesday and I'm hoping we have another transfer together because I feel like we haven't reached our potential yet, but I've also been feeling like my time in Bergamo is coming to a close. We'll see what prez has in mind.

Still studying up on patience, I failed a few tests the Lord threw at me, so I'm back to trying to align my will with God and ignore my selfish tendencies. I just have to keep saying to myself, out loud, I am full of patience! Which Sorella Simkins always laughs at because it's usually clear I would rather punch someone in the face than be patient. Also been thinking about knowledge vs. wisdom a lot and how progression is related to our knowledge and the power to judge with wisdom.



We started teaching a great lady named Allison this week. Her husband is actually an inactive member of the church, I don't think he's even been to the church in Italy, and she was asking tons of great questions about the Book of Mormon. They have a cute little boy and she's 8 months pregnant. I am full of hope for them. Jessica is still coming along and believes everything we tell her but also has crazy ideas, like she's read some crazy books and believes all of them too. We're trying to straighten out some of her mix ups about Christ right now.

And Daniella, the rad Italian lady from a few months ago came to church! She's not really letting us teach her because of some health issues, a lot of it depression based, and it breaks my heart because she's so golden, so ready and so in need, but I'm happy she came to church, or as she called it, messa (mass), and that she loved it and even made the connection about how she felt better at church, like she does when we come visit her. SO LET US COME MORE! Bah. Pian piano.

Well, I think that's all for now.

Vi voglio tanto bene,

sorella bush

P.S.  Krave is basically nocciola and chocolate cold cereal.  So I krave it.

No comments:

Post a Comment