Wednesday, May 2, 2012

ciao, carissimi!

Hello my dears!

Thanks for all the e-mails and love. Everyone sounds happy and well so I'm content. Baja sounds like a dream, pumped for Ian's job, Mom's finally learning to walk.

It's been a greak week. I love working with Sorella Simkins, we just have fun all the time and don't stop working. Samuel is getting baptized May 17th but we have to keep at a secret from his Mom, he wants to surprise her.

I've been thinking and studying a lot about humility these days and I'm convinced it is the answer to pretty much any problem I have or will have in my life. When you compare humility to pride, the things that we do that lead to pride really aren't that evil sounding, just thinking we can do things our way, but it leads to anger and hatred. Punto.

But humility leads to such power and understanding and is just awesome. I was reading in 2 Nephi 9 when it talks about how Satan's plan is all about us thinking we are wise, thinking we know better so we don't listen to God, his servants, or the people he sends to help us. I have a long way to go.

Man,  there's so much I feel I could tell you that I don't even know where to begin! We started teaching a few new peeps that are pretty rad. One is a 28 year old girl from Moldavia that we're seeing again this evening, Silvia. She came to Italy looking for a better life. Pretty sure we could help her out with that.

We also started teaching this rad lady named Beauty from Nigeria who lives in the beautiful house with every type of fruit plant in their little garden. She's interesting because she's really struggling, really depressed and wondering why God isn't answering her prayers, but also not really willing to change and try something new. Sorella Simkins said that maybe God did answer her prayer, and that's why we're here but if you don't try what we're asking you to do (read the Book of Mormon and pray), there's no way you can come to church. And I talked about how you can have all the faith you want but if you just stand still, if you don't act of move it wont do you any good. We'll see tomorrow morning if she's willing to commit and agire.

Random: I've been thinking when I get home I should look into working on a farm.

Other news, we had a great lesson turned therapy sesson with some of our less active Bolivian younger peeps. Life is so much easier when you just stick to what you've already decided to do. Like keep the commandments. Also, I tried cinnamon gelato last week, delish. And I cut off my companion's hair last night. We're finally seeing Marisol tomorrow, it's been too long. Mi manca, and I worry about her, she's so ready to be a member of the church.

As far as the package, I feel like the sooner it's sent the better because it will probs take forever long for it to get here.

The days here are either perfect or rainy, and the rainy is perfect in its own way. Hopefully we'll be getting our bikes this week.

Off to eat some pizza!

xoxo sorella bush

No comments:

Post a Comment