Wednesday, April 18, 2012

transfer!

First the news: Sorella Jacobson is off to Milano 1, where I'm pretty sure Rachel (Noteware) spent half her mission, and I'm getting Sorella Simkins. She's been in Rimini, which she opened for sisters two transfers ago, so I think this is her 10th transfer. Prez was trying to give me some info on her and basically said that she's an all star, she works hard and then he paused and said, "Well she's just like you." I'm just hoping she thinks my jokes are funny.

It's been kind of a funny week, with lots of good byes and getting ready for change. I'm nervous to see Sorella Jacobson go, but am fully aware that I'll grow infinitely more with a new companion, and I want to be so much better than I am.

Excited about Ian's job interview and future, LOVE the zombie ducks and all the pictures, Dad. Glad the b-diddy was a success, glad your healing, Momma, even if it's not as fast as Wolverine. Since I have the Birkies I can probs live without Chacos. Thanks for cancelling that credit card Dad...so much stress relieved.

We had an awesome lesson with Paolo and his family Sunday evening on the Plan of Salvation. Paolo is interesting because he had a baptismal date with Anziani maybe a year and a bit ago and baked out last minute because didn't feel ready. The Sorelle found his cousin-in-law right before Christmas at the bus stop. They're from Brasil and I don't even know who all lives there, but we taught Francesco, the cousin, his wife Valchiria, Paolo and his girlfriend Tatiana all together for the first time since I've been here. They're impossible to commit and we've been trying to figure out what we need to teach them or what problem we need to unearth so they understand why we're there teaching them these things. Paolo has said that he'll get baptized when he knows it's right, but then didn't read the Book of Mormon this last week at all. I know we shouldn't drop them and I'm hoping my new comp can bring a fresh view and help figure it out. Anyway, the lesson went so well and there was a really special spirit there and I taught more then I ever have with them and felt confident and just loved it. We brought the third oldest Botta (they have 7 boys) Davide, who's 19, leaving to serve in England next month, and he bore two really great testimonies about our purpose to be here and be happy on the earth and why he wants to make it to the Celestial Kingdom to be with his current and future families and Heavenly Father. After the lesson Valchiria had made us a cake because Sorella Jacobson is leaving and we all just sat around this big table in the kitchen eating cake and drinking tea and learning Portuguese and laughing at who knows what, it was a pretty awesome moment.

We finally saw Jessica our other Brasilian again, who can't talk with vegetables in hand. We just stopped by and she was finally home. We read a bit about hope in Ether 12 and Romans 8 and she wanted us to write down the scriptures so she could go back and read them and I'm just happy to have seen her.

This morning we taught one of our less actives, Cynthia, who is this beautiful and hilarious african woman, who is more or less active again, as of maybe 9 months ago? not sure, but her friend Isaac who is a new convert was there and we were talking about faith and he was talking about how there are people in his country who sell medicine, and 85% of peeps believe that the medicine will work, and so it does, but the other 15 don't and have to go to the real doctor. I just loved that example about how we have to really believe in these things for them to change our lives. We can read and pray all we want because someone told us but if it doesn't mean anything to us it won't change us.

Ok, calling it quits for today, we're working this morning so we can spend this afternoon and tonight at the Capelli's, I'm excited. Sorella Capelli even asked for the afternoon off for Sorella Jacobson's last night in Bergamo.

Troppo amore, non ci sono parole, ma magari ci sentiamo prossima settimana,

xoxoxo


sorella bush

No comments:

Post a Comment