Sunday, April 15, 2012

buon pasqua!

Hey peeps,

I hope you all had a lovely Easter. We were fed to the max. First lunch with a family and the wife is from Peru and we ate Peruvian food, and a
cena with a lady from Bolivia who cooked up some great pasta. Plus there was lots of colomba, the Easter dove cake everyone eats, and I'm still recovering from how much we ate. Plus Sorella Capelli, one of my fav human beings game us big chocolate Easter eggs that we've started working on slowly. Don't worry mom, I'm being taken care of.

Today is beautiful. I'm camped out at the Bishop's house, they live up in the mountains, and after a few days of cold rainy weather everything is beautiful and green. We took a baby hike along a river while waiting for the wife, Sorella Botta, to get home, and then discovered that they have a trampoline up behind their house. Only 1 and it's already one of my fav p-days.

Other news would be that it's almost certain Sorella J will be transfered next week, leaving me in charge of Bergamo, caspita. It'll be a rough transition but I keep reminding myself that change brings more growth and that's what this is all about really. It'll make my Italian improve too, which I'm not opposed to.

This is going to be short because I'd rather ghetto chat with dad, but Marisol and Giovanna are still doing well, pian piano. We're working with some new less actives that have started to show tons of interest in coming back to church. Monday we met with one of our new converts (who was turning 10 that day) at a park with his grandma, who is maybe the Bolivian version of Grandma Sandi, and we drew the 13 Articles of Faith with sidewalk chalk and ended up having way more fun that planned. I'll send a pic next week. Then we headed over new centro before our lesson and earlier in the day I had said how I wanted to see Leonela, my fav older lady from English class, and there she was on a park bench! So we talked to her for a while and she was asking all these questions about what we believe, and you could tell she appreciated the fact that we would even take the time to listen to her.

I'm capo this week so I've been conquering my fear of the phone, including a nice little chat with the bishop's wife Monday night on how to make a pasta with a special cheese she gave me. I love that I'm known among the ward and missionaries for my love of cheese, being outside, and style, ha.

I think I may wrap this up so I can kick it with the Botta family, and eat some lunch. Much love, as always.

xoxo

sorella bush

No comments:

Post a Comment