Wednesday, February 22, 2012

guess where i am...

Indovinate! If you were thinking Como, you win. Maybs don't tell Jessica, she might try and flip over the sacrament table in a jealous rage.

So this will be brief but full of Italian love.

So normally P(reparation) Day is to be spent in our zone, but we're off to Varese for a blitz to work with the sorelle there tomorrow, so I was a brave girl and called president and reminded him that como is proprio vicino and he said "Alright, nbd, go for it." So we're getting ready to hop on a boat, yes, be still my beating heart. Plus Outkast is playing in this little internet cafe and I couldn't be happier. Ha.

It's been a good week, my highlight being our second lesson with this super rad lady Daniela who reminds me of Kristin (cugina). But I sort of mediated the lesson because we also brought one of our favorite members who we thought would get along great with her, and I started off my asking her if she had the chance to read Ether, Chapter 12 which we had left with her, and she said, "Why yes I did," and went through the chapter talking about all her favorite verses, all the famous ones, and why she liked them. After we left, Sorella Capelli joked that she wondered who would be teaching the lesson. Daniela is just so smart and on top of things and I just want her to go to the temple more than anything because she would/will love it. She said she'd come to church on Sunday, fingers crossed.

Anna continues to be stellar and I can't wait for her baptism a week from Saturday. I was even brave enough to answer the phone when she called this morning!

The weather is warming up which means I'm sadly seeing less and less extravagant dog jackets, but seasons must change I suppose.

I reread Mosiah 5 I think it was yesterday, when all the peeps tell King Ben they believe and I just went through specifically looking for the blessings that come from and through faith. Check it out, it's pretty short.

Sundays are great and stressful at the same time because we're at church which means instead of trying to listen to one or two people speak Italian there are at least 20 people talking all the time, or so it seems, and this week I was lamenting my lack of a perfect vocabulary. I miss my personality at times, it just takes me so long to figure out how to respond and say all these funny things in my head that it's so much easier to nod and say si. Sorella Jacobson feels like she just barely started feeling like she had personailty, so maybe it's just one more thing I need to wait for.

IAN'S PAPES ARE IN! Yes yes yes. I probs can't write him a letter today because I'm not home, and buses, trains or ferries make me kind of sick, so it didn't happen.

Vi voglio un sacco di bene!
xoxo,

sorella bush

1 comment:

  1. Jealous rage is right :) But honestly, I'm do glad you get to enjoy one of my favorite spots - lago di como is bellisima!!
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete