Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Eccoci qua!

Got latte?

Ok, here we go, another week, means I've almost finished my first transfer, what? La mia testa sta per scopire.

But all is well. I'm glad we have good missionaries at home. As I've been out in the field and learning to work with members I've been baffled thinking back to the last bit of time where I couldn't figure out what some of our Elders were doing.

Bergamo really is fabulous. Sunday abbiamo pranzato with this super rad family, it was a meal you would have all appreciated. At the end we were all full, and we had talked about my adventures in cheese making this summer and what not and Sorella Ghilardi convinced me to eat some cheese with her, and she made this little spread for us and taught me this Bergamasco saying (I can't remember it) that says something about the meal not being over till some cow is in the mouth, meaning we've eaten cheese.

Thursday we were in Varese (one of the sisters was trained by Rachel) and it was fine but I was so happy to get back to Bergamo, this just feels like my city! Anna is getting baptized Saturday and we're so pumped. We've had a couple hard days with lots of cancelled appointments and not many people wanting to talk to us, but then we always find someone that wants to listen. I talked to this lady named Blessing last week who we've taught once now and is reading from the Book of Mormon. Daniela is still awesome, mostly because we picked the perfect member to come with us.

I can't believe it's almost Canoecopia! Tell all the Native dudes they still owe me a beer. Or something.

Also I can't believe Ian's call could come next week. I can't wait to know! As I was daydreaming on the bus heading to Como last week I thought maybe South Africa. Hmm...so many options.


at do you guys want to hear about? I feel so panicked everytime I e-mail. Ha! Sorella Jacobson says I should tell you about Como. It was a dream. It felt so good to be near the water again. We're hoping next week it may be warm enough we'll be able to do some hiking on p-day seeing as we're surrounded by beautiful mountains.


I feel like I don't worry anymore about being able to understand people now I'm just figuring out what to say when I'm actually talking to peeps. Pian piano.

I've been studying up on prayer this week. Reread Enos...man, I love that chapter, maybe because he was in the forest. One thing I liked this time through was how as soon as God forgives him of his sins he believes Him, because God cannot lie, and asks only how it was done. I think a lot of times we like to second guess the things the Lord tells us, convince us we were wrong or we wern't actually worthy to be forgiven, but God cannot lie. And I love how God's answer is that it was Enos's faith in Christ, becuase everyhting is always about faith in Christ, that's how we heal, that's how we move on, that's how we try to become better, that's how we live with hope.

Also Dad, I'm sure you'll be happy to know that you can take the girl out of the soils lab but you can't take the soils lab out of the girl. We have these bottles of aranciata on the fridge and every now and then I'll shake them at different times and watch the settlment in the bottom, somebody did too many texture analysis tests back in the day.


Here are some Como pics and zone conference and the last is from the polenta and fresh milk vending machine by our house, I feel like CA especially will appreciate that.

Much love to you all!

xoxo

Sorella Bush

No comments:

Post a Comment