Wednesday, November 28, 2012

focus!

Okay, I just got distracted playing on Familysearch.org and looking at our family tree. Refocus!

I can't believe it's Wednesday, or that it's pretty much December, shooooot.

Thanksgiving was great, we went and ate such good pizza with Luca. Mine had tomato sauce then a pistacchio sauce and fresh stracciatella that came on the side in this little glass: Yum. Then Saturday we had a real life Thanksgiving dinner and I got my fill of sweet potatoes. It was pretty cool because there were 20 of in total, maybe half members of the church. I got to chat up with this rad lady from Sicily next to me and across from me where these two dudes probably in their later twenties that didn't really talk because I don't think they knew what to do with me, even though one of them is studying pretty much the exact same thing I did.

Anyway, we leave at 9:00 and as soon as I do I guess these dudes say, "Hold on, are they nuns?" It  was perfect, because it spurred a conversation about the Church that lasted into 1:00 am with these peeps asking everything, from what's the Book of Mormon down to anything else you can think of about the church. So Augusta and Michele, plus Luca and another girl named Michela got to lay it all out, which is what Augusta has been hoping would happen.

The rest of Saturday and then Sunday we spent doing a mostra which is basically where we get a permit from the city to set up a little display thing and then try and stop everybody and their dog to talk about the gospel. We had a handful of members come out, passed out so many pass along cards and pamphlets and got a handful of good potentials. This is why you have to work with the ward and above all the bishop. If he loves you, he helps you and organizes mostras for you and then the members come help because they love you too.

Another finding story for you. Friday night we're waiting for the bus to head up and see one of our less active families and this guy walks past. I say buona sera, he stops and asks me if ci conosciamo. I tell him no, I was just saying buona sera and we start talking. His name is Paolo, he teaches music and he's been to the states just once to play the clarinet in Chicago. I'm trying to write down is phone number as the bus pulls up and then the bus doesn't stop and keeps going. So we talk to him while we wait the 20 minutes for the next bus. We should be teaching him tonight, speriamo bene, his phone was off when I tried to call and confirm. Because it has been raining nonstop since Monday, I don't want to be outside and wet tonight.

I'm pleased with the [Christmas] tree name, well done, it feels sort of impossible that you guys had real Thanksgiving and we have a tree and Christmas is coming. They're stringing tons of lights up all over the place here but it still doesn't quite feel like Christmas, pian piano.

Well, enough for now, I'm hoping to hear really good news very soon about a certain little brother of mine. You guys are great. Love you lots. What are your Christmas Day plans? Christmas and Christmas Eve are going to be beautiful and nutzo, we're just so popular :)

xoxo

sorella bush

*It's the stupidest question ever that we get all the time. Do I look like a nun? Pretty sure the answer is no.

No comments:

Post a Comment